Autumn is definitely one of my favourite times of the year. There are so many things that I love about it. But before you know it, Christmas will be here. Although there’s no pressure to make the most of each season, I always feel such joy when I make an effort. To avoid missing out and running out of time, I’ve decided to put a list together of all the autumnal things I want to do, what I’ve already done and anything I want to do differently next year.
1. Drink a pumpkin spiced latte. I tried this for the first time this year, although I do enjoy the festivity of it, I don’t think it lived up to the hype. But I’ll most likely get another one next year…
2. Watch autumnal films. This year I created a list of films to watch over Halloween and autumn in general. This includes Casper, When Harry Met Sally, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Haunted Mansion, Jawbreaker, You’ve Got Mail, October Kiss, The Craft and of course, Hocus Pocus. I’m still working my way through these before I move on to Christmas films, but I’m loving every second of it!
3. Put together an outfit full of layering and autumnal colours. I’m pretty sure this outfit covers everything autumn, with the rust orange, check print and knitwear. I’m obsessed with it! I can’t wait to change it up with even more (and thicker) layers through winter.
COAT, PINAFORE DRESS – TOPSHOP, JUMPER – F&F, BOOTS – PRIMARK, BAG – PAUL’S BOUTIQUE
4. Visit a pumpkin patch and carve one. So this year, I didn’t quite make time for this but I really want to get round to it next year. I’ve loved seeing the many amazing designs online.
5. Baking. This year I decided to make a toffee apple crumble which was delicious! However, my attempt to make parkin did not go so well…. so a shop-bought version had to do this time around. I’m still hoping to fit in a pecan pie before the season is up.
6. Buy autumnal bedding, cushions and blankets. This is definitely something I want to do next year. I didn’t quite have the budget for it this year but I think it would be great to have, so I can bring a cosy vibe to my home every autumn
7. Get an autumnal jumper. I was hoping to get a classic orange jumper or knitwear with leaves printed on, but I didn’t find ‘the one’. I think this year I’ll stick to adding to my Christmas jumper collection.
8. Candles, candles and more candles. I couldn’t resist purchasing a pumpkin scented candle to keep me toasty through the colder nights. I definitely need some more though!
9. Visit a firework display. This year, my warm cosy flat was too persuasive so I stayed inside on bonfire night. But next year I’m determined to make it a special occasion.
10. Create an autumnal makeup look. On Halloween this year I ‘dressed up’ my face with orange eye shadow and dark lips. I can’t wait to do it again next year!
Now that the temperature has suddenly dropped and the rain seems never-ending, these small autumnal festivities can be really uplifting if you love this time of year too.
Although Halloween and bonfire night have already taken place, I’m not ready to give this season up just yet. Before we reach ‘the most wonderful time of the year’ I hope to tick anything remaining off of my list!